Bee Sting Prevention Tips – from Tri County Pest Control
Tis the season for bees and unfortunately, bee stings — which can both hurt and in some cases — even be deadly to
those allergic. While it may not be entirely possible to prevent bee stings 100-percent of the time, we wanted to share with you some measures you can take to at least avoid them on many occasions.
Here are our tips for preventing bee stings:
- If at all possible, try not to wear colognes or perfumes. Bees will be attracted to these scents – especially of the floral variety. Even more so if they are of the nectar-seeking type.
- Try to keep the bright-color wearing at a minimum. This goes hand-in-hand with the first tip. If you don’t, you can literally invite bees to land on you. There is a method and madness as to why beekeepers wear white or beige in the first place.
- If you’re dining ‘al fresco’, be mindful as to what you’re eating. Anything surgery is sure to attract bees. Sodas or fruits will definitely attract the stinging bees.
- If you’re walking barefoot in the warm weather, pay strict attention to where you’re stepping. It’s entirely possible that bees may be seeking nectar in clover blossoms and within other smaller flowers dotting your lawn.
- Even if you’re afraid of bees, if they’re in your vicinity, try to remain still. If you freak out and begin swinging, the bees are likely to go on the defensive and head to sting out. Breathe and attempt to be calm.
- Call us at Tri-County Pest Control to have them removed. Especially if you or a family member is allergic, the most tried-and-true way is to call on us to remove these unwanted pests.
There are many things you can do to avoid bees, to take to heart these tips and keep you and your loved ones out of harm’s way. Nothing can ruin your day more that a bee sting.